Our History / Visit The Mill Store
Built in 1834 by Hiram and Milo Fowler, Fowler’s Mill was a working mill for generations. Rick and Billie Erickson were enchanted by the creek-side property and bought it in 1985 with the intent of restoring the mill to its original use.
An engineer by training and always intrigued with agriculture, Rick developed an interest in baking that evolved into old-world milling in which grains are ground between two stones. This slower method of milling enables the grains to remain cool, resulting in flours that retain their high nutritional value and flavor. Stone-ground whole-grain flours and meals contain the three major grain components—bran, endosperm and germ—providing wholesome fiber, vitamins and minerals for maximum nourishment.
The Ericksons grind locally grown corn and wheat into flours and meal which are used as components in some of the Mill’s various baking mixes. Delicious pancakes, muffins, fruit crisps, cobblers and many other home baked desserts are enjoyed by Fowler’s Mill customers.
Many orchard and farm market operators purchase our baking mixes for resale in their farm market stores alongside the fruits and berries.
VISIT OUR MILL STORE
Our Mill Store is located in scenic Geauga County Ohio, 25 miles east of Cleveland.
We are 1/8 mile North of US Route 322 on Fowler’s Mill Road in Munson Twp.
Group tours of the Fowler’s Mill, are available weekdays in March through July by appointment.
MILL STORE HOURS
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Closed Saturdays through the Winter
Open 7 days a week for the Holidays